Well, if you had any feelings that the Electronik Tribulation Army had turned over a new leaf, after declaring themselves to be a whitehat group, disavowing the alleged crimes of their former leader, and opening up their forums for public registration, then it is probably safe to put those feelings to rest. Old habits die hard.
Since their coming-out, the admin, Xon (pronounced, “Zon”), maintained a private area of the forums so that “trusted” ETA members could “still conduct our operations without everyone in the world seeing it.” This is, by itself, not unusual. Many forums have private sections for “elite” or paying members.
What is interesting, however, is that in their move today to new forum software, Xon (pronounced, “Exxon”) neglected to protect those normally private areas of their site, offering normal members a view behind-the-scenes.
Among old posts of pirated software and skiddie tools, is a forum named “Blacklist Watch”, described as “This is where we actually watch people who we know, we hate and we want to watch out for and other stuff to”. Apparently, I am the only person they know and hate (and want to “other stuff to”), as there is only one thread in that forum: “Robert Wesley McGrew”.
I have archived that post here, as it likely won’t last much longer on the original site. Note that, due to idiosyncrasies of the new forum, after the first, top post, further posts are in reverse chronological order:
Some highlights to watch for, from the usual crew (XXxxImmortalxxXX, E.T.A. Fixer, Xon (pronounced, “Zone”), et. al.):
- A flattering estimate of my age
- Me somehow getting burned by Paul Schmehl on FD by being CC’d on a email he responded to
- XXxxImmortalxxXX calling my wife a fat bitch
- “Identity: SANS Wesley Mcgrew , Mississippi State University CIPC SCADASUMMIT”
- Discussion of getting my high school transcripts so they can see how I totally aced a typing course that still involved IBM Selectric typewriters
- This discussion:
- E.T.A. Fixer: Nice thread, anyone have a black van?
- Xon (pronounced “Ex Oh En”): No, but I have a white car…
- E.T.A. Fixer: How big is the trunk?
- Xon (pronounced “Zune”): Big enough…. trust me…
- Backdoor.Armageddon: Hahaha i see where this is going now lmao….
- Some other Crystal McGrew’s live.com/hotmail.com account! Fascinating!
- Apparently, all Mac OS X-using security geeks are homos.
- The absence anything that I didn’t willingly put on the Internet
- The absence of a surprising amount of things that I did willingly put on the Internet
Edit: Xon argues that the timestamps are off from the move to a new forum software (that has been reverted). It’s easy to see, however, that a majority of these posts were made after their “transformation”, as there is information in there that applies to my new hosting, which I switched to on September 8th.